Tuesday, February 8, 2011

More Good News and Requests

I weep for joy when I get updates from Michele like this one.  It characterizes my cousin in so many ways.   She continues to be thankful and humble in the midst of adversity.   She's such a hero to me, and if you knew everything she's battled over the past seven years, you'd call her your hero, too.

Won't you praise God with me for these gifts from His mighty Hand while continuing to cry out on their behalf for the needs mentioned below?


It's been a busy weekend.  Two of David's sisters arrived Friday afternoon from NC...and were able to spend the weekend with David.  It was a surprise for him...I didn't tell him in advance...so his reaction was a "pleased" one, even though sub-dued as he understandibly is.  I woke up this morning with 101.8 fever and a cough...so right before leaving for the hospital I took my temp...and wala...I couldn't go of course.  But I was very grateful that his sisters were here to be able to spend the day with him.  They gave him a little spa treatment...shaving and nails :)

Sat afternoon, several dear friends came to visit and a few of the Elders from our church and some other church members came to the hospital and annointed David with oil and prayed for him...it was a GREAT experience and I think David was truly touched!

God just continues to love on us thru the people around us...be it far away or around the corner.  A couple ladies from our church that are in leadership with a discipleship program called HOPE, came to the hospital Friday afternoon and visited with mom and I, prayed, and told us there was a group of women that wanted to sign up to bring meals. 

We definitely feel the effects of all the prayers of the dear people who are praying for us! I cannot tell you with words, just how much it means..the strength God has given us.  

I received an email from one of our doctors at 8 am this morning who had been in to see David and he said David was up, oriented and knew it was the Super Bowl today.  And as I shared, the doc said he looked the best he has looked since getting sick.

People ask what specific things they can pray for, so I thought I'd just share a few things that come to mind:
  1. that David would continue to improve quickly
  2. that the doctors will have the wisdom to move him out of ICU at the right time, and not pre-maturely
  3. when they move him, that I will be able to be there to help him and that his nursing care would match his needs
  4. that the doctors will have the wisdom to discern whether he needs surgery to help clean up some internal infection they discovered on Thursday, to prevent future problems
  5. that I would get well soon
  6. That I have the wisdom to navigate all the logistics of insurance, disability over the coming weeks

Once again, thank you!

3 comments:

  1. God's ways are perfect...SO grateful for all of the news that this update from Michelle holds! Thank you for sharing, Trisha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thanking God for all of the blessings He's showered on David and Michele in this situation! And of course, I continue to hold them up in prayer for God's provision going forward. Our God is incomparable and will uphold His people with His righteous right hand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MOM, AUNTIE MARY LEEFebruary 8, 2011 at 2:28 PM

    This good news just brings me to tears of thankfulness for David and Michele. Michele and
    David have been through so much and are so
    faithful in the midst of everything. Thank you
    Trisha, for being so faithful in keeping us updated.
    Love and Prayers for each one of you. LOVE YOU.
    Mom, Auntie.

    ReplyDelete