Thursday, January 27, 2011

Update on Surgical Procedure



Here's the latest update from Michele regarding today's procedure.  I'm left a bit speechless other than to plead with you to continue to pray most fervently for the entire Hewitt family.  Words are not enough to tell you how thankful all of us are for you and your prayers.



"When I arrived at the hospital this morning, they informed me that they would be draining the cysts today as well as some fluid around his left lung.  The fluid around the lung was new news to me and a bit disturbing.  David's breathing was very labored prior to the draining procedure.  They finally took him down to radiation at 3:00 pm and he returned from the procedure around 4:30. They drained 4 litres total from his abdomen and chest.  His breathing respirations went from as high as 45 before the draining today, down to 9 to 13 after the draining, which was a great improvement.  They did say that the draining procedure was only treating the symptoms to relieve some pressure and wouldn't necessarily improve the actual pancreatitis.  This was a bit discouraging, as his overall condition has seemed to worsen over the last couple days.  He has been severely confused.  They really don't have a good answer for why he has been so confused, other than "sometimes people get confused and worn down after being in ICU for so long".  The doctors indicated today that they are concerned with his lack of improvement and deterioration the last couple days and reiterated that this is a "very severe case of Pancreatitis".

My hope is that tomorrow will be a much better day without all that fluid on him and that he will be able to get up and be mobile when Physical Therapy comes by.  We honestly need a huge miracle here for his Pancreatitis to start healing.  They will be sending a sample of the fluid to pathology and we should have the results within 48 hours.  That will tell them if there is any infection or other concerns present. I know he is exhausted and his body is so weary.  It is so difficult to see him still in such pain and so confused and disoriented.

I know God is able to bring healing to his body.  We have a BIG God...and He does BIG things.  I am begging Him to do a BIG thing here :)

Thank you to all of you for your continued prayers and encouraging messages!  I honestly do not know what I would do without all of your acts of kindness and encouraging words."  

5 comments:

  1. We will be praying for both Michele and David...may the LORD comfort you and give you HIS peace throughout this most difficult trial. HE will never leave you!

    In Him,
    Camille

    Psalm 46

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for letting us know how the procedure went for David. I'm really sorry to hear that he is so confused and disoriented. That has to be so hurtful for you, Michelle. I will continue to pray for the Lord to heal this pancreatitis that David's health would be restored.

    Because of grace,
    Dianna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh praying, praying, praying!!! Lord, hear us from your throne and grant mercy to David's body! Please heal him, Father. We ask through your Son for this blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wondering how he was doing. I try to remember to pray for him. I saw the prayer request on Trishia's blog and thought I would let you know that I am praying. This must be so hard.

    I pray for sleep for him a lot!

    ReplyDelete