Friday, January 28, 2011

His Grace is Sufficient

Michele hasn't been feeling well herself and thus not sleeping well. Please include her in your prayers, that God would grant her rest and sweet sleep tonight.

She gave me this update earlier today.

He has had numerous episodes of vomiting thru the night and this morning so they are going to put a tube down his nose that will drain his stomach. They tried once but it is very painful to him so they are going to use a little sedation and try to get it down. He is still somewhat disoriented the nurse said. He started running a low-grade fever but so far the cultures from the fluid they drained yesterday has not started growing anything, though it is still a little early.


At this point, David has been in ICU for over a month. Michele continues her cancer treatments in addition to the daily trips to the hospital and managing other changes that an illness of this nature requires. I'm sure exhaustion, in every way, must be setting in.

God's timing is always perfect, and I ask you to pray that He would encourage their hearts with even one small thing that says, "progress." Pray that peace would envelop every one there who is standing beside David and supporting him or this family in some way. Pray for strength for this journey. Pray that God would be glorified and David sanctified through this trial.

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2 Cor. 12:9

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this update, Trisha. I just sent them a card today. I know that God hears our prayers as we lean into Him all the more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update. I will pray for both of them! Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying that God would bring strength and relief to both of them tonight.

    ReplyDelete